During National Nutrition Month in March, the Ohio EGGsperts are sharing the facts about the incredible edible egg.
Eggs are nutritional and can be enjoyed throughout the day. Did you know that one large egg has six grams of high-quality protein, which is great for maintaining a healthy weight and to help build muscle mass? One large egg is also a good source of vitamin B12, phosphorus, and riboflavin – all for just 70 calories.
And because the variety eggs provide, you can enjoy an egg-inspired meal each day for a month and not repeat a recipe. Here are six ideas to get you started:
- Classic Toad in a Hole: When you’re planning your next workout, sit down and enjoy this classic breakfast with hearty whole wheat bread.
- Easy Egg Breakfast Quesadillas: Rushing out the door? Just grab something quick, easy and portable. These are handheld and can be filled with your favorite veggies!
- Ham and Cheese Omelet: After a hard workout and you’re filling energized, whip up this stress-free omelet to keep you feeling full and invigorated.
- Broccoli Quiche in Colorful Peppers: Break out of your dinner rut and cook breakfast for dinner – this brinner is packed with protein.
- Mixed Greens Salad with Eggs: Keep it simple and use hard-boiled eggs on-top a salad for a guilt-free lunch.
- Italiano Turkey Frittata: Enjoy this frittata for brunch or make it for the week and reheat it each day before work. It’s flavorful and ready in no time!
What’s your favorite way to eat eggs?