From cook-offs to new menu items, the Ohio Poultry Association has a lot going on at this year’s Ohio State Fair! Check out our egg-citing offerings and be sure to stop by and see us at the Poultry Barn and in the Taste of Ohio Cafe!
- Culinary competitions: On Saturday, July 28, we will be sponsoring three culinary competitions in Cardinal Hall challenging Ohio home cooks to create their best recipes using Ohio eggs and turkey!
- Egg-citing and Devilishly Good (10:30 a.m.) – Featuring a round for local celebrities followed by a round for amateur chefs, participants will compete to create the best deviled eggs. Contestants will be provided with eight hard-boiled eggs and will have 30 minutes to develop their recipe, prepare on-site and serve 12 deviled egg halves for the judges.
- Egg-stra, Egg-stra! (12:30 p.m.) – Cooks will use Ohio eggs to make the best homemade sweet or savory dish. Egg-stra Sweet dishes may include, but are not limited to, brownies, cupcakes, cheesecake or cream puffs. Egg-stra Savory dishes could include frittatas, tarts or quiches.
- Turkey Grilling Cook-off (3 p.m.) – Contestants will have 30 minutes to grill a provided selection of turkey products and create their own side or garnish/sauce using their own ingredients and supplies.
- Taste of Ohio Café: Grab a bite to eat from our two booths inside the Taste of Ohio Café featuring Ohio-produced eggs, chicken and turkey! This year’s menu will feature new Maple Butter Breakfast Sliders in addition to familiar favorites including the famous Thanksgiving At The Fair and juicy turkey ribs and burgers. Be sure to show us one of the coupons below for a discount!
- Ag is Cool: In partnership with the Ohio Department of Agriculture, we will be participating in “Ag is Cool,” a program dedicated to helping fourth graders learn more about agriculture. Students can stop by the Ohio Department of Agriculture tent inside Cardinal Gate to pick up a passport and map, then travel to each commodity (including the poultry barn) and answer the provided questions.
- Agriculture and Horticulture Building: Be sure to visit the hatching unit and you could witness a chick being born!