Celebrate this National Egg Month with Ohio’s egg farming families! Did you know Ohio ranks No. 2 in the nation for egg farming? Each year, Ohio egg farms produce more than 10 BILLION eggs. Ohio egg farmers take their responsibility for producing safe, high-quality eggs for Ohioans very seriously. Check out these farmer-favorite recipes that are perfect for National Egg Month and year-round.
LUNCH or DINNER
Also during National Egg Month, Ohio’s EGGsperts are sharing fun facts about the incredible edible egg:
- One large egg has 6 grams of high-quality protein and 8 essential nutrients, all for 70 calories;
- At about 12 cents apiece, eggs contain many essential nutrients, including choline, folate, iron and zinc;
- The most common egg size is large, but eggs also come in other sizes: pee wee, small, medium, extra large and jumbo;
- Not sure if an egg is raw or hard‐cooked? Give it a spin! A cooked egg will spin easily while a raw egg will wobble;
- Very fresh eggs can be difficult to peel. To ensure easily peeled eggs, buy and refrigerate them a week to 10 days in advance of cooking. This brief “breather” allows the eggs time to take in air, which helps separate the membranes from the shell.