10 Reasons Why Eggs Should Be Part of Every Healthy Diet
It’s no secret that eggs are a low-calorie, nutrient-dense food that offers countless health benefits. However, did you know an egg’s nutrients can improve things like memory and eye health?
Here are 10 reasons why eggs should be included in YOUR healthy meal plan:
- The American Heart Association and other heart-health organizations support that there’s no relationship between egg consumption and cardiovascular disease.
- One large egg contains 6 grams of protein and is the least expensive source of high-quality protein available at just 12 cents each.
- Eggs contain an essential nutrient – choline – most Americans aren’t getting enough of, which is known for its influence of infant brain development and can affect memory and learning. Choline also impacts healthy liver function and brain health.
- Eggs contain an important nutrient called lutein, which promotes eye health.
- Eggs help promote weight loss! Studies have shown that people who consume eggs, especially at breakfast, feel fuller longer and eat less calories throughout the day.
- According to the Incredible Egg, the protein in eggs can help maintain healthy muscle and support good health among elderly people.
- Eggs contain lutein and zeaxanthin, which are antioxidants that help combat age-related macular degeneration.
- Eggs are one of the only foods that naturally contain Vitamin D, according to the Egg Nutrition Center.
- According to the Incredible Egg, eggs contain all 9 amino acids.
- The vitamin riboflavin and the mineral selenium are found in egg whites.
Eggs fit easily into any diet plan and any meal! Try these easy delicious recipes from the Incredible Egg and find dozens more here.