10 Reasons Why Eggs Should Be Part of Every Healthy Diet
It’s no secret that eggs are a low-calorie, nutrient-dense food that offers countless health benefits. However, did you know an egg’s nutrients can improve things like memory and eye health?
Here are 10 reasons why eggs should be included in YOUR healthy meal plan:
- Eggs are an all-around nutrient powerhouse, a complete protein with essential vitamins and minerals for healthy living. But don’t forget the yolks, folks! Nearly half of an egg’s protein and most of its vitamins and minerals – including those essential for supporting our brains and bodies – are found in the yolk.
- Science is in alliance: Heart-healthy eating can include eggs, as supported by an abundance of research including a recent Harvard study evaluating more than 20 years of data.
- One large egg is a complete protein that is low in carbs and provides essential vitamins and minerals—all for just 70 calories.
- Eggs are the greatest source of choline among everyday foods. The choline in eggs helps support lifelong brain health at every age and stage, including memory, thinking, mood and more. Most Americans would benefit from eating more choline to meet the recommended daily intake.
- Eggs contain an important nutrient called lutein, which promotes eye health.
- Eggs help promote weight loss! Eggs can help you avoid snackall attacks by keeping you satisfied longer.
- According to the Incredible Egg, the protein in eggs can help provide energy and support muscle and bone health.
- Eggs contain lutein and zeaxanthin, which are antioxidants that help combat age-related macular degeneration.
- Eggs are one of the only foods that naturally contain Vitamin D, according to the Egg Nutrition Center.
- According to the Incredible Egg, eggs contain all 9 amino acids.
Eggs fit easily into any diet plan and any meal! Try these easy delicious recipes from the Incredible Egg and find dozens more here.