From all-new deviled egg flavors to cook-offs and fun activities, the Ohio Poultry Association has a lot going on at this year’s Ohio State Fair! Check out our egg-citing offerings and be sure to stop by and see us at the Poultry Barn, Taste of Ohio Café and Land & Living Exhibit!
Taste of Ohio Café: Grab a bite to eat from our two booths inside the Taste of Ohio Café featuring Ohio-produced eggs, chicken and turkey! This year, we’re featuring an all-new stand, Devilishly Good, where we will serve over a dozen unique deviled egg flavors, including the 2023 deviled egg fair flavor: Cotton Candy. The smooth, creamy filling, made with powdered sugar, cream cheese and sweet cotton candy syrup will be topped with a light and airy piece of cotton candy.
A different flavor will be served each day at the new Devilishly Good Food Stand, and fairgoers are encouraged to try them all:
- Lemon Meringue Deviled Egg – the 2022 Ohio State Fair flavor
- Chocolate Deviled Egg – the 2019 Ohio State Fair flavor
- S’mores Deviled Egg – featuring marshmallow topping and a graham cracker
- Mexican Street Corn Deviled Egg – served with corn, cotija cheese and a few dashes of Tabasco
- Everything Bagel Deviled Egg – topped with Everything Bagel seasoning
- Honey Fig Blackberry Deviled Egg – served with honey fig jelly and a fresh blackberry
- Maple Bacon Jalapeño Deviled Egg – drizzled with maple syrup and topped with a piece of bacon and a jalapeño
- Sweet Korean BBQ Deviled Egg – served with Korean-style BBQ sauce and topped with green onions and wontons
- Crunchy Chili Deviled Egg – garnished with shredded cheddar cheese and Fritos
- Tomato Bacon Ranch Deviled Egg – featuring creamy ranch flavor and topped with bacon
- Greek Deviled Eggs – served with a black olive slice and a sprinkle of Penzey’s Greek Seasoning
Our traditional food stand will showcase dishes with eggs, chicken and turkey provided by Ohio’s farmers. Fairgoers can enjoy breakfast from 8 to 11 a.m. daily, and choose from a variety of menu items, including breakfast sandwiches and a breakfast wrap. The lunch and dinner menu will feature classic fair time favorites, including Shredded Chicken Sandwiches, Grilled Chicken Breasts, Thanksgiving Dinner and Chicken and Noodle Bowls. Click here to learn more.
Culinary competitions: On Saturday, July 29, we will be sponsoring two culinary competitions in Kasich Hall challenging Ohio home cooks to create their best recipes using Ohio eggs, chicken and turkey!
- Egg-citing and Devilishly Good (10:00 a.m.) – Hosted in partnership with Kroger, both professional and amateur chefs have 30 minutes to prepare 12 deviled egg halves with a unique recipe. Contestants will be judged on creativity, presentation and taste.
- Egg-stra, Egg-stra! (11:30 a.m.) – hosted in partnership with ADA Mideast and Kroger, amateur chefs will have the option to create a sweet or savory dish, featuring eggs and dairy products, for either the Egg-stra Sweet or Egg-stra Savory class. Participants will be judged on taste, creativity, presentation and appearance.
Land & Living Exhibit: Be sure to visit our hatching unit in the Land & Living Exhibit located near the midway – you could see a chick or poult hatch!