Holiday Cookie Eggs-change
This holiday season will look different for many Ohio families. Instead of going to Christmas parties and gatherings, stay #TogetherAtHome and bake some of our delicious, festive cookies!
- Whip up a batch of Chocolate Peppermint Crinkles to leave for Santa this Christmas! This recipe is easy-to-make and is packed with minty goodness.
- Waste no time in the kitchen this holiday! Christmas Tree Meringue Cookies by In Katrina’s Kitchen only take 10 minutes to prep and make the perfect addition to any dessert table.
- Melt-in-your-mouth Canestrelli Shortbread Cookies by NeighborFood will be an instant hit at holiday parties. You’d better make two batches!
- What flavors remind you of Christmas? Lemons for Lulu‘s bite-size Chai Spiced Meringue Cookies are sure to get you in the holiday spirit!
- Who doesn’t love homemade oatmeal cookies during the holidays? Give A Cedar Spoon‘s easy Oatmeal White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies a try!
When prepping and baking cookies this holiday, keep these helpful tips in mind:
- Resist the urge to taste raw cookie dough! Any cookie dough that contains raw eggs should be completely baked before tasting.
- Most recipes call for large eggs, but don’t worry – if your eggs are a different size, just use this chart to figure out how many the recipe calls for!
- Save time when preparing cookie dough by measuring ingredients – like flour and sugar – before beginning.
- Remember that eggs and butter should be at room temperature before mixing with other ingredients. This makes the dough smoother and easier to mix!
- Cold eggs are easier to separate, so if the recipe calls for just egg whites or yolks, separate them as soon as you take them out of the refrigerator.
Give loved ones the gift of eggs this holiday by sending them a homemade gift, made with love, like cookies or cakes. Click here to download our FREE e-cookbook that’s filled with delicious, festive treats your friends and family will love.
Happy HOLIDAYS from Ohio’s egg farmING FAMILIES!