From cook-offs to new menu items, the Ohio Poultry Association has a lot going on at this year’s Ohio State Fair! Check out our egg-citing offerings and be sure to stop by and see us at the Poultry Barn and in the Taste of Ohio Cafe!
- Culinary competitions: On Saturday, July 27, we will be sponsoring three culinary competitions in Kasich Hall challenging Ohio home cooks to create their best recipes using Ohio eggs, chicken and turkey!
- Egg-citing and Devilishly Good (10:30 a.m.) – Featuring a round for Ohio food and lifestyle bloggers followed by a round for amateur and professional chefs, participants will compete to create the best deviled eggs. Contestants will be provided with eight hard-boiled eggs and will have 30 minutes to develop their recipe, prepare on-site and serve 12 deviled egg halves for the judges.
- Egg-stra, Egg-stra! (1:00 p.m.) – Cooks will use Ohio eggs to make the best homemade sweet or savory dish. Egg-stra Sweet dishes may include, but are not limited to, brownies, cupcakes, cheesecake or cream puffs. Egg-stra Savory dishes could include frittatas, tarts or quiches.
- Turkey Grilling Cook-off (3 p.m.) and NEW Chicken Grilling Cook-Off (5:30 p.m.) – Contestants will have 30 minutes to grill a provided selection of turkey and chicken products and create their own side or garnish/sauce using their own ingredients and supplies.
- Taste of Ohio Café: Grab a bite to eat from our two booths inside the Taste of Ohio Café featuring Ohio-produced eggs, chicken and turkey! This year, we’re offering the Ohio State Fair’s most unique menu item: Chocolate Deviled Eggs! They’re a sweet, creamy twist on the traditional deviled egg recipe. Our menus will also feature favorite items including Maple Butter Breakfast Sliders, Thanksgiving At The Fair and juicy turkey ribs and burgers.
- Land & Living Exhibit: Be sure to visit our hatching unit in the Donahey Agriculture & Horticulture Building and you could witness a chick being born!