Dress Up Easter Table Decor with Confetti Eggs
Easter is quickly approaching and the Ohio eggs-perts are sharing some of their favorite egg decorating techniques to give families ideas for new Easter traditions. Easy-to-make glitter eggs (cascarones) are a fun, simple Easter craft the whole family will love! Get step-by-step instructions below:
- What You’ll Need:
- 12 empty eggshells (white, brown or a combo of both!)
- Small bowls or plastic containers to use as dye cups
- Boiling water for each dye cup
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar for each dye cup
- Food coloring
- Funnel, or paper taped into a funnel
- Tissue paper in a variety of colors
- Glue Stick
- Combine 1 cup boiling water, 1 tsp. of distilled white vinegar and about 20 drops of food coloring of your choice in each dye cup. Dye the eggshells by dunking each egg slowly into a dye cup. Let eggs thoroughly dry.
- Fill eggs with confetti using your hands or a funnel. Using scissors, cut a 1/4-inch square of tissue paper. Glue the tissue paper over the hole on the egg.
- When ready, crack cascarones by hand or on a hard surface to release the confetti … and have fun!
Beyond confetti, you can also fill your eggs with many other things, such as glitter, small sheets of tissue paper or even colorful cereal. Always cover your work surface with a few layers of paper towels or newspaper to protect your table from dye stains.
Emptying eggshells can be tricky. Learn how to do it like an egg decorating pro here.