Celebrate National Nutrition Month With Eggs
There’s no better time to recognize the incredible, edible egg for its vast nutritional benefits than during National Nutrition Month each March!
Eggs are extremely versatile and can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner. One large egg has six grams of high-quality protein, which helps with maintaining a healthy weight and building muscle. Additionally, eggs are an excellent source of vitamin B12, phosphorus and riboflavin – all for just 70 calories.
Enjoy a different egg-inspired meal each day this month! Here are eight ideas to get you started:
- Seven Layer Salad: Use up leftover hard-boiled eggs by mixing them into this delicious recipe by Ohio food blogger Tastes of Lizzy T.
- Bacon Egg Salad: Ohio food blogger A Cedar Spoon adds a spicy twist on your traditional egg salad recipe. Add turkey bacon, arugula and tomato into the mix for extra flavor!
- Turkey, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Burrito: No need to skip breakfast! This recipe can be prepped ahead, frozen and reheated in less than 10 minutes.
- Instant Pot Breakfast Egg Casserole: Prepare a nutritious breakfast in minutes with this egg-cellent Instant Pot recipe.
- Frozen Berry Smoothie: Throw a couple hard-boiled eggs into the blender with berries and juice for a healthy, protein-packed smoothie.
- Chopped Tomato & Avocado Egg Salad: Toss together spinach, avocado and six hard-boiled eggs for a nutritious salad that’s bursting with protein and flavor.
- Turkey Carbonara: The creamy egg sauce used in this pasta dish makes it im-pasta-bly delicious.
- Smoked Salmon Egg Salad Sandwiches: Cut calories, but don’t sacrifice flavor, by using Greek yogurt in this egg-ceptional dish.
How do you like your eggs?